Monday, February 21, 2011

My Lumberjock


My husband, Nate the Great, had a week off last month and finally had the chance to work on one of his projects. For the past year and a half he's been visiting Urban Ore buying all kinds of salvaged materials for projects he's been thinking and drawing out. He found a wooden hatch of some sorts, heavy wood with metal ends in really bad shape but he saw lots of potential.

He's been looking at furniture and showing it to me, so when I find photos of industrial chic design I send them to him.

Well on his week off he went to work and put together this beautiful coffee table. It took a lot of hard work sanding off the gunk that was on it and he had to paint it twice because he wasn't happy with the finish. The coffee table legs are coasters that he picked up at the same salvage shop. It make it easier for us to move the table around the living room when needed.

No comments: